Saturday 5 April 2014

Someshwar Beach and Panambur Beach

Unlike other blogs this blog is just a small write up of some of the famous beaches in Mangalore... Hope you enjoy it J

March has been an amazing month for me.... 1st I travelled to BR hills then Udupi and now Mangalore with Family J
I have been to Mangalore many times but never stayed here. Mangalore used to just be a pit-stop for me before I headed off to other destinations. However this time my family wanted to stay at Mangalore and experience Mangalore.... Hence I decided to travel to Mangalore and visit all the attractions of Mangalore.

Bangalore to Someshwar Beach, Mangalore
 This was the 1st leg of our journey. Since it was a long weekend we wanted to avoid the mad rush on the Bangalore-Mangalore highway and since I was travelling with my family and needed adequate pit stops enroute I decided to start at 4am in the morning instead of night.
Route :-
I took the Normal route to Mangalore that is BangaloreàHassanàSakleshpuràMangalore.
Thanks to the amazingly well maintained roads on the Bangalore-Hassan Highway and the surprisingly non damaged roads of the Sakleshpur & shiradi Ghats I reached Mangalore in just 6 hours with lot of breaks in between.




Accommodation :-
We were looking for some beach facing kind off accommodation and after much research narrowed down to Mangalore Beach resort / Vazco beach resort as it worked out to be economical for us....
The resort is located just off Someshwar beach in a secluded area.... It resort was just ok nothing wow about it....




Someshwar Beach
The beach in front of our resort was very rough and the fisherman advised us not to get into the water as it is dangerous. This put us off because we were really looking forward to taking a dip in the beach after a tiring drive of 6 hours and the scorching heat and humidity of Mangalore.
Hence we did not get into the water instead took a dip in the resort’s swimming pool to cool off....
The beach is beautiful in the evening as the temperatures cool off and you can enjoy the beautiful sunset all alone in this secluded beach.





Panambur Beach
This Beach was a total contrast from the Someshwar beach. This beach was full of tourists... Lot of food stalls serving you Chinese food and fish fry... The beach was amazing.... I could finally get into the water here and I spent almost 2 hours at the beach playing in the water and enjoying some yummy chats and sea food J

I watched the sunset and had lot of fun at the beach and finally my coming to Mangalore paid off thanks to Panambur beach J




No comments:

Post a Comment